Tuesday 22 July 2014

Take My Life and Make Me Whole

Oh Thou kind and Gracious Father
Unto thy hands I commit my soul
As I study and live thy gospel
Take my life and make me whole

The road to which I travel is short
I may not prepare fully well
For mortality’s weakness cause trouble
Oh! Father let me at last with thee dwell

I have learned to call thee Father
That knowledge gives me faith to sustain
Let not that knowledge be stolen away
That I may forever with thee remain

Thy path I have chosen to follow willingly
The flesh makes me refuse thy will
Makes me weak to do thy work
But my spirit always cries “I will”

Father help me I pray
All my follies Lord forgive
Give me strength to walk thy way
To live with peace, love and happiness

The perils of this life I fear
Let them not enshroud my faith
Let thy Angels guide around me
And bring me to thee nearer

The things I do hurt my spirit
Let thy Holy Words fill my mind
Thy Atoning power heal me
And thy sword guard my spirit

Heavenly Father to thee I pray
Direct, lead and guide my steps
I don’t know of any other way
Father help me lest I die.
Jesus Christ the Son of God

No comments:

Post a Comment